Useful contacts

Useful Contacts Details and Further Information


Useful contact details and where to find more information:


Call the Environment Agency incident hotline to report:


 damage or danger to the natural environment


 pollution to water or land


 poaching or illegal fishing


 dead fish or fish gasping for air


 watercourses blocked by a vehicle or fallen tree causing risk of flooding


 flooding from main rivers or the sea


 illegal dumping of hazardous waste or large amounts of industrial waste


 incidents at Environment Agency-regulated waste sites


 illegal removals from watercourses


 unusual changes in river flow


 collapsed or badly damaged river or canal banks


Incident hotline


Telephone: 0800 80 70 60

24-hour service


Lincolnshire County Council have a useful page on who to contact in the case of flooding from different sources:



Internal Drainage Boards tend to cover larger drains, to find out which one covers your area see this map with contact details:



For navigation related issues please contact Canal and Rivers Trust:


To report excessive weed growth on the Lower Witham Canal and Rivers Trust also run a Weed Watch:


Need to know if you live in a high flood risk area, what abstractions have been licensed nearby, air pollution records, etc? Check out ‘What’s in Your Backyard’:


Want to view Water Framework Directive data from specific catchments? Take a look at the ‘Catchment Data Explorer’ tool:


Need a specific dataset? Have a look in the Environment Agency’s geostore, most of it is FREE and there is no need to register in order to access it.  Some datasets will require a registration though:


Still can’t find the data you need? Try contacting the Environment Agency’s enquiries team on:


Natural England also manage a great website called MAGIC, which showcases data about the natural environment in the form of an interactive map:


Want to know what our local water company are doing to protect the environment? See Anglian Water’s ‘what we are doing’ page for useful documents:


Anglian Water have a handy map showing what works they are undertaking across the region, just pop your postcode in:


Want to explore our lovely rivers but not sure about public access? This interactive access map by Lincolnshire County Council is really useful:


If you want to report any issues, wildlife sightings, etc then a grid reference is essential! This website is an easy way of finding your site and getting a full grid reference:


Lincolnshire Rivers Trust

Registered Charity: 1157922